In our team we love to discover hidden talents and make them blossom. Every week we like to encourage the team to make delicious treats to share with all. Things can vary from Chocolate Brownies to culture influenced Argentine Empanadas.
Millie from our Montreal studio has definitely caught our eyes with her mouthwatering brownies... which are just too delicious to even share! Maybe when you have some time you could try these brownies yourself…!
Millie's Brownies - The Studio's favourite brownies
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
What you need:
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter, very soft
- 250g caster sugar
- 4 large free range eggs, beaten to mix
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 60g plain flour
- 60g cocoa powder
- 15cm square brownie tin or baking tin greased and base-lined
- Heat the oven to 180C, gas 4. Break up the dark chocolate. Put into a heatproof bowl and melt gently in a pan over simmering water, making sure the water doesn't touch the base of the bowl. Remove the bowl from the heat and leave to cool until needed.
- Put the butter and sugar into the bowl of a food mixer and beat until fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Spoon the cooled melted chocolate onto the mixture then mix in thoroughly. Sift the flour and cocoa powder onto the mixture and gently stir in.
- When completely combined, spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the heated oven for about 20 mins until firm to the touch but still a bit fudgy. The chocolate will continue to cook slightly for a few mins after coming out of the oven.
Remove the tin from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Leave the chocolate brownies to cool completely before cutting into pieces. Store the brownies in an airtight container and eat within 4 days.
Yum, thanks Millie!